Saturday, April 21, 2007

Khmer New Year Brought a Long Lost Daughter Back

After 17 years I finally saw my daugther for the first time. We were at the park to celebrate Khmer new year this morning and met her there by accident. Fortunate enough, she unknowingly approached to where we were standing. Immediately, my relatives were the first one to recognize her and her grandma. I was in shock and so surprise after my sister (cousine) called my mom and started to introduce the little girl. Then my daughter turned to me, I couldn't utter a word. While my mom and some relatives were hugging and holding her, I played it cool. I waited until the dust settled then approached my daughter. We silently introduced ourselves. From the look on her face, I could tell that she was extremely nervous and excited at the same time as I too was overjoyed and almost let my emotion stands in the way. She is a very pretty girl and very Khmer, no doubt about that. Oh what a joyful day for all of us! I never thought that I will be able to know or even see her again. I remembered, the first time that I saw her when she was a tiny baby. Now at 17 years old, she grown up to be a beautiful lady. She is tall and has that cute lips like her daddy..hehehehehe. What a surprise!!!
Here is my baby girl picture...


No comments: